The Director of Development oversees fundraising and donor relations for Wheatstone Ministries, including the Monthly Giver Community, annual campaigns, benefactors and foundations, and Board relations. S/he is a member of Wheatstone's Director Staff, the team that reports to the Executive Director and oversees Regional Directors.
Wheatstone Ministries is a rebooting, risk-taking, quick-moving 501(c)(3) organization that invites youth into Christian adulthood. The Director of Development should be excited by the challenges associated with startups, and should be passionate about Wheatstone's mission, ready to work ambitiously to renew youth ministry and Christian education across the country. The position is based in Fullerton, California.
Donor Databases and Communications
- Creates and maintains all donation systems and giving records, and facilitates regular communication with Givers.
Monthly Giver Community
- Grows the Monthly Giver Community to 1/3 of overall donations within two years
- Helps Monthly Givers identify with Wheatstone's mission.
- Maintains the Community network.
- Designs and executes semi-regular Giver events for encouraging existing Givers and to attract new Givers.
- Executes a Monthly Givers Rally campaign every August, including campaign design, meeting fundraising goals, and donor followup.
- Grows gifts from two annual Campaigns to 1/3 of overall donations within two years.
- Executes a Sponsorship Fund campaign every Spring, including campaign design, meeting fundraising goals, and donor followup.
- Executes a goal-based December Together campaign every December, including campaign design, meeting fundraising goals, and donor followup.
- Responsible to identify and develop ongoing relationships with mission-minded Benefactors and granting foundations, and to make successful asks for major gifts for growth goals.
- Attend Board Meetings and solicit Board Member involvement in fundraising initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Progressively successful experience in Donor Development and/or Fundraising, preferably in a religious nonprofit
- Working knowledge of non-profit management, governance, and law
- Non-profit management experience
- Graduate degree
- Google Drive proficiency
- Social media proficiency
- Internet propriety and social grace
- Clear, compelling, respectful writing style
- Public speaking
- Persuasive writing
- Adobe Suite proficiency
The Director of Development is a full-time, exempt employee with basic benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Wheatstone Ministries provides flexible working conditions for its employees, encouraging a healthful lifestyle.