Manager interns assist the managerial staff at Wheatstone summer camps.
Interns are assigned to work with one Manager, acting in whatever support capacity is asked of them: as a runner, a problem-solver, an overseer, and so forth.
Interns learn how Managers handle the complexities of Wheatstone programs such as event logistics, student involvement, and mentor support.
Intern performance is one way Wheatstone Ministries measures an applicant's future readiness and capacity as a Manager.
Responsibilities may include
- Helping the manager achieve his or her tasks through responsive and reliable service
- Facilitating the attendance and participation of students and staff members in their camp track.
- Coordinating with event, facilities, catering, transportation, speaking, and other contacts to ensure a smooth camp experience for staff and participants.
- Discerning staff needs and offering them or directing them to satisfying, helpful solutions.
- Dialoguing with staff members to help them discover solutions.
- Setting up for camp events and activities.
- Managerial interns are responsible to work directly with the camp director and their manager for guidance and circumstantial problem solving.
- Interns should expect to spend at least 10-20 hours preparing for the camp (i.e. gaining familiarity with the camp venues, its participants, and resources), and at least 2 hours filling out paperwork after the camp
April 2 - Hiring begins
April 30 - Application deadline
May 1-20 - Interviews for select applicants
May 31 - Hiring status notifications
Term of Internship
This is a 120-hour residential internship with Wheatstone Ministries' 2017 summer camp at Biola University (July 16-22). The internship begins at hire and ends with the fulfillment of duties at the following events:
- Staff Training: two, all-day seminars. Time and location TBD
- Summer Camp Week: on-site, residential working responsibilities start at 12:00pm, Sunday, and conclude at 12:00pm, Saturday.
- Staff Debriefing: a 1-2 hour review conducted either in-person or online and scheduled within two weeks of the camp at the earliest convenience of the Wheatstone staff
Manager interns are invited to attend the camp staff after-party, though attendance is not required.
Wheatstone Ministries seeks internship applicants who are exemplars of their peer group, exhibiting strong interpersonal, administrative, leadership, and spiritual potentials.
- Committed to the Christian faith and regular attendant of a Christian church
- Familiarity with leading others in situations of programmatic or relational complexity
- Reputation among fellow peers and faculty members for charity and professionalism
- Willingness and capacity to endure long working days required by the camp schedule
- Enrollment in undergraduate studies and involvement in an honors program
- Experience in professional or academic event planning or coordination
This is an unpaid internship that includes room and board. Wheatstone Ministries covers all camp-related costs on behalf of its interns.