Media, Art, & Design Interns help design and produce all visual, spatial, and tactile aspects of The Academy, a one-week summer conference. The internship starts in the months before the conferences, which are held in July, and ends in August.
Potential Areas of Involvement
- Design promotional materials for the conference: web, social media, and print.
- Design a suite of materials for the conference and their presentation/packaging: conference journal, schedules, programs, waterbottle, backpack/tote, t-shirt, nametags.
- Design presentation elements to accompany talks. (Possible animation component.)
Art Installation and Space Design
- Plan and execute installations throughout campus.
- Design and execute signage/guidance for check-in, closing ceremony locations, etc.
- Stage and presentation space design.
- Planning collaborative art for participants to do throughout the week
- Document the conference.
- Document the process of designing the conference and the materials produced.
Social Media + Blog
- Collaborate on the conference live blog with content.
- Create and post on Vine, Instagram, Facebook/Twitter.
April - May
Conference prep. Complete materials that need to be printed or otherwise manufactured.
3-4 hours / week
Conference prep and execution at Biola University (July 24-30).
Conference prep. Focus on planning, procuring and assembling all other materials and items.
10+ hours / week
Conference follow-up and documentation.
If you have submitted a General Application for Wheatstone before and do not want to update it, continue to step two.
March 6 - Hiring begins.
March 31 - Application deadline. Applications submitted after March 31st will not be considered.
March 15 - April 18 - Wheatstone conducts interviews for select applicants.
April 21 - All interviewed applicants are notified of their hiring status.
Term of Internship
This is a 120-hour internship with Wheatstone Ministries. The internship begins at hire, and ends with the culmination of the project. Availability at the summer conference is highly preferred:
- Los Angeles Conference at Biola University, July 24-30
Interns are invited to attend the conference staff after-party, though attendance is not required.
Wheatstone Ministries seeks internship applicants who are exemplars of their peer group, exhibiting excellent aesthetic capabilities, strong interpersonal and spiritual potentials.
- Committed to the Christian faith and regular attendant of a Christian church
- Familiarity with leading others in situations of programmatic or relational complexity
- Reputation among fellow peers and faculty members for charity and professionalism
- Enrollment in undergraduate studies and involvement in an honors program
- Multidisciplinary or specialist experience in all areas of art and design.
This is an unpaid internship. Room and board at the conference will be provided. (Travel to and from the conference is not.) Wheatstone Ministries covers all conference-related costs on behalf of its interns.